Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm grateful that I flew when I did.

I'm a nervous flyer already so all this nastiness would have only added to my fears, making it damn near impossible for me to even walk on to a plane, let alone sit on one for two hours comfortably.

It appears that the days of carry on luggage are over. That's fine, I can pack what I need into my checked luggage (memo to self, leave the digital camera at home!) and take a book with me onto the plane. In trans-Atlantic flights though, you can't even take a book onto a plane now. For someone who likes to read as much as I do, that's unthinkable.

Nervous flyer Katy + Plane + Terror Level Raised to the Nth Degree - Book= One Miserable Katy.

And, this may be a stupid/dumb/naive/super paranoid question, but, since no liquids are allowed on the planes now, what the hell is going to happen to the items the airlines offer? I flew Airtran this trip. They offer complimentary beverages (water, pop and juice). Are these going to go away as well? I don't know about you, but, I like me something to drink on a flight. Would it be possible for a would-be terrorist to come onboard as a crewmember and act on their evil plan?

Or is it going to go the other way? The airlines will now charge $20.00 for a bottle of Dasani just because they know they can get it from the passengers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home