Monday, October 16, 2006

I was looking at patterns this weekend and found two things I want to knit. One is from the book Big Girl Knits and the other is from Knitty. The one from BGK is a little complicated, but, I think I could do it...it's the Curvaliscious Cardigan and involves a little Fair Isle type action. I have yet to tackle Fair Isle, but, I'll give it a try.

The one from Knitty, I really want to do. It sounds easy enough and the pattern is easy to follow. I think I could do it, rather easily. There are two things stopping me though. One (and this isn't even major, I'm willing to learn) is the crochet trim. I can find someone to teach me that though so I'm not too terribly worried. Number two (and this is the biggie) is the price of the yarn. The yarn used is $40 a skein. My size would call for 5 skeins, totalling $200. No way is a shirt worth that, not even if God himself designed it. The yarn is fingering weight. Sock yarn to be honest. There has to be a cheaper alternative that would look just as nifty, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home