I finished two dishcloths last night for a KAL I joined, so I was a little more productive in that respect. I also started for the third time a bag I'm working on. If I can just get past the part where I need to pick up the stitches, I'll be ok. For some reason, that gives me trouble. Anyone have any tips?
October's a rough month for me. My Mom passed away when I was 16 on October 27th. This year marks 17 years to the day that she's been gone. On one hand, it doesn't seem like it can be that long--it still feels like yesterday. On the other, it seems like she's been gone longer...she's missed over half of my life. I miss her every day. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her in some respect. I wonder if she knows I miss her still. I wonder if I make her proud.
I dread October and the 27th (the day she died) and Halloween (the day she was buried--the day she was supposed to come home from a stay in a nursing home ironically) because of her death. The month is filled with moments of tears and just praying to make it through.
I guess that's one reason why I've filled my nights with knitting. That helps to distract me. If I can count stitches, see my hands forming something productive....I can get through this month one day at a time.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
My adventures in life and knitting...
About Me

- Name: Katy
- Location: Transplanted Yankee living in the MidSouth
I'm just a thirtysomething woman trying to make her way in this crazy world.
Previous Posts
- I'm actually doing this early for once! This is th...
- The cold is all but gone, save for the nagging cou...
- The first cold of the season has struck...and it's...
- Today was a lazy day in Katy Land. I cleaned a li...
- I decided to start on my bag for my International ...
- By Jove, I think I've got it! And I come bearing ...
- I was easing into my day at work and found yet ano...
- After getting thoroughly frustrated with the One C...
- Ever have one of those days where everything you t...
- I was reading The Secret Life of a Knitter by Step...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home