Tuesday, September 12, 2006


By Jove, I think I've got it! And I come bearing photographic proof!!

After much hair pulling and cursing the day I wanted to learn how to do cables, I think I've finally got the hang of it. I started the One Skein Single Cable Scarf yet again last night, this time with the pattern correction in hand. I was more than a little anxious for this version of the scarf to turn out in a much better fashion. Thus far, I think it's going rather well.

You can judge for yourself....I do believe those are cables that I see on that there scarf!

This scarf is going to be for the Think Pink Challenge, a KAL for scarves for breast cancer surviors. There's a link over on my sidebar if anyone's interested. Granted, there's not much time left, but, it's a worthy cause. For what it's worth, I'm doing this in honor of my grandmother, a crocheter, who passed away from breast cancer in 1987.

I know, it's just a single cable...but I really thought I wouldn't be able to do cables at all. I'd been told they were much harder than they actually turned out to be.

Next up, multiple cables!

4 Comments:

At September 16, 2006 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice scarf as well as color. I like the cable only on one side.

 
At September 18, 2006 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katy,

Christianne here - your One Skein Secret Pal! I just dropped a letter in the mailbox to you, so you should get it soon. I decided to visit your "Blog" - it's awesome. I looked at your photos from Minneosota - they are great! And the scarf pictured in your September 12 is gorgeous!!! What kind of yarn did you use? It looks very soft! I've been thinking about starting a Blog - you've given me some inspiration.

Talk to you soon!
Christianne

 
At September 28, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Wow, that is really cool looking! Great job! And I love the yarn you used, too.

 
At September 30, 2006 8:57 AM, Blogger Deborah said...

Love that yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home