Friday, January 12, 2007

I ended up leaving work shortly before 12:30 pm, Boss Man had been in and out of meetings all morning so I didn't get to really tell him much. What's funny is that when I started rattling off everything I did to him, he looked more and more overwhelmed. I thought his chin was going to hit the ground at one point. When I said to him "Betcha didn't know I did all that, did you?", he said that I was going to be sorely missed and it was obvious to him that I was needed. I don't have a printer at home, so he's going to let me take a printer home so that I can mail out resumes from home. He's also going to see about getting me a bonus for my last check. I can tell he feels really, really bad--which I think is good. And yes, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth.

I sent an e-mail to a couple of my friends from high school (we met up right before Christmas) asking if they knew of any clerical jobs. I felt so embarrassed to have to do that, but, I'm trying to get a job right? No time for pride. D. works for the post office and is looking for me there. D. and I were always close friends so I'm not surprised that he's doing anything. What did surprise me though is the response that I got from B. He's got a job in the banking field and is referring me to all sorts of jobs. I'm so surprised that he's willing to help. In high school, we were never that close which makes this all the more surprising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home