Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The first interview this morning went well. I left the offices feeling hopeful that I'd be called back for the second round of interviews. The woman I met with didn't seem to have much of a personality, but, I'll give her that she just doesn't like interviewing people. When I met with her (and my would-be) supervisor, I felt like we really hit it off. He seemed to like what I said and agreed with some of it, if not most. Now we wait...and I suck at waiting.

I had nearly three hours before the temp agency appointment. I couldn't find my social security card this morning so I stopped and did the paperwork to get a new one. I had a surprise at the SS office--my friend's brother was the security guard there. It was nice to see him and he looks totally different than when we were in high school. After that, I stopped for some lunch at Bruegger's. Nothing fancy, just some soup.

I made it to my appointment with time to spare. Once again, I blew through the testing, impressing even myself with my scores. (I score really, really well on all these tests. How many times can a girl take a test in Word? Excel? Powerpoint? Lots, let me tell you. Lots.) In any case, I left there and not five minutes later my phone was ringing. I have an interview (set up through the new temp agency) tomorrow at a law firm, not far from my ex-job.

So not a bad day at all when I stop to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home